NuFi enters the EVM world. The Ethereum integration is here.
Starting December 6th, NuFi’s non-custodial Ledger-and-Trezor-compatible wallet supports the Ethereum network. This is a fundamental step towards making NuFi an all-in-one solution for users of both EVM and non-EVM chains.
NuFi is proud to announce it has integrated Ethereum as part of its mission to help crypto users navigate through the complex cross-chain world with ease. Ethereum is the latest blockchain to be supported by NuFi, which already offers non-custodial Cardano, Flow and Solana asset management (with Milkomeda integration coming Q4 ‘22).
But before deep diving into the integration and what NuFi offers, let’s take a step back and find out why this day is important for NuFi and its users.
Present day — Ethereum goes on stage
Ethereum integration is another cornerstone of NuFi’s growth: thanks to this integration, NuFi wallet will offer users a seamless cross-chain experience between EVM and non-EVM chains and enable bridging between supported non-EVM chains through the main liquidity hub — Ethereum.
In addition, NuFi will bring to the Ethereum ecosystem several of its key features that marry non-custodial security, privacy and control, with convenience and functionality.
NuFi users are now able to:
- Send and receive ETH and other tokens (ERC20, ERC721, ERC1155)
- Connect to all Dapps in the Ethereum ecosystem using NuFi’s browser extension. We can emulate MetaMask so users can simply click the “Connect with MetaMask” button on almost any Ethereum Dapp to connect their NuFi wallet (please note: the MetaMask extension needs to be disabled for this to work).
- Visually manage (view, send and receive) and securely store NFTs in a multi-chain NFT Gallery.
- Store assets securely using a Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet or non-hardware accounts.
- Exchange $ETH, ERC20 tokens and 400+ other crypto assets (through external swaps) directly from the NuFi wallet thanks to our partnership with Changelly. Users can also purchase $ETH with a bank card through our Moonpay partnership.
- Add custom ERC20 tokens (though most tokens are auto-detected).
- See their transaction history.
The future — A complete and seamless cross-chain experience
Our goal is to deliver an all-in-one solution that can become the gateway to the Web3 world.
To achieve that, we believe our non-custodial wallet should be fully cross-chain, with an easy onboarding process and offer an incredibly smooth user experience.
This Ethereum integration is just a stepping stone to reaching our goals, and in the near future we are planning to:
- Add other popular EVM networks
- Enable the native in-app exchange of ERC20 tokens (no more external swaps)
- Enable staking for EVM networks where applicable
- Offer the ability to connect to even more dApps on different networks (EVM and non-EVM) for a seamless cross-chain experience.
How did it start? — A non-EVM story
NuFi was initially born with the idea of supporting non-EVM Proof-of-Stake networks. The first blockchain that we integrated was Cardano: an obvious choice considering NuFi’s team is the same that created AdaLite, the first light wallet on Cardano.
A multichain experience was what we always wanted to offer to our users and, as a consequence, we then integrated Solana and recently Flow blockchain too.
However, we quickly realized that if we want to offer an all-in-one wallet that would give our users a true cross-chain experience, we need to support the EVM networks too.
We are delighted to contribute to the Ethereum ecosystem, offer an easy way for non-EVM users to access the EVM world, and help bring together the different communities in the blockchains space.
Join us on this journey, download the NuFi Browser Extension now!
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
NuFi is a non-custodial multichain Web3 wallet that allows you to easily store, stake and trade cryptocurrencies, visually manage your collectibles with an in-app NFT gallery, and connect your Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet for unbeatable security.