NuFi — the multi-chain wallet from the team behind AdaLite — is seeking funding from Project Catalyst that will allow Ethereum, Milkomeda and Cardano asset management, asset migration, and dApp connectivity on each blockchain from a single non-custodial wallet.
Cardano holders can help make this a reality by registering to vote before August 4th and then voting for NuFi’s proposal in Project Catalyst’s Fund9.
What has NuFi proposed?
NuFi’s proposal — Ethereum and Cardano Web3 Wallet — addresses Project Catalyst’s “The Great Migration (from Ethereum)” challenge by creating a Web3 wallet that greatly improves the Ethereum x Cardano cross-chain experience. If this proposal is funded, NuFi will be used to:
- manage Ethereum, Milkomeda and Cardano accounts side by side in a single interface;
- manage Ethereum ERC-20, ERC-721 and ERC-1155 assets;
- connect to Ethereum, Milkomeda and Cardano dApps using a single Chrome extension;
- connect accounts on different blockchains to Iagon Bridge for seamless Ethereum to Cardano asset migration;
- visually manage Ethereum NFTs in NuFi’s NFT gallery; and
- stake Ethereum 2.0 (this will be added if the proposal is completed).
Furthermore, Ethereum users will be able to migrate their existing Ethereum wallets to NuFi (using a seed phrase or by connecting a hardware wallet) and have Milkomeda and Cardano accounts created automatically for them, removing the need for multiple wallets or the technical know-how required to configure Metamask to support Milkomeda.
How can I support NuFi’s proposal?
You can use your ADA’s voting power to vote “Yes” for this proposal in Fund9 of Project Catalyst. Anyone with 500 ADA or more (staked in a single account) is eligible to register and vote on all proposals, meaning you can support NuFi’s proposal as well as other interesting projects that you’d like to see funded. It takes less than two minutes to register and, when voting begins, it takes less than 10 seconds to vote for NuFi’s proposal.
What is Project Catalyst?
Project Catalyst is an on-chain governance initiative that allows ADA holders to determine how the Cardano ecosystem grows by deciding how funding is allocated. Every 3 months, Project Catalyst outlines specific goals and invites proposals aimed at achieving these goals; ADA holders then vote to decide which should be funded.
What is the timeline?
Registration is open now and ends August 4th. Voting begins on September 5th and ends September 19th.
I already registered for Catalyst voting. Do I need to register again?
No, you don’t. Simply find NuFi’s proposal (Ethereum and Cardano Web3 Wallet) in “The Great Migration (from Ethereum)” challenge in the Catalyst Voting app from September 5th onwards.
I haven’t registered before. How can I do that?
Though you can’t register for Catalyst using the NuFi wallet, you can register quickly and easily using NuFi’s predecessor, AdaLite. To do that, follow the instructions below (or watch the video walkthrough here):
1️) Visit adalite.io and access your existing Cardano wallet by entering its seed/recovery phrase, or by connecting your hardware wallet.
2) Once inside AdaLite, click the ‘Voting’ tab and download the Catalyst Voting app to your phone as instructed (this app is where all votes are cast):
3) Back on AdaLite, click the Register button below the instructions box.
Choose a 4-digit pin and write it down — you’ll need it to access the voting app later:
4) Next, review and confirm the transaction:
5) You’ll then see a QR code which is shown only once and is not visible again after you close this window. You must store this QR code securely by taking a picture of it, printing it out, or saving it as a PDF before closing the window. You’ll need this QR code later, and losing it means re-registering:
6) Open the Catalyst Voting app; press ‘Complete registration to receive voting power’ and then, at the bottom of the next screen, press ‘Scan voting QR code’:
7) Scan your QR code (either the one shown on AdaLite or the copy you saved) and, on the next screen, enter the pin code you chose earlier.
Done! The app will tell you when the upcoming snapshot will take place; on this date, please ensure that you have at least 500 ADA staked in the account you just registered in order to be eligible for voting.
What happens next?
Open the Catalyst Voting app between September 5th and 19th and find “The Great Migration (from Ethereum)” challenge. Next, find NuFi’s proposal (Ethereum and Cardano Web3 Wallet) and use your voting power to vote “Yes” (via a thumbs up).
When you’ve finished voting (including for other proposals), be sure to visit the ‘My votes’ screen and click ‘Cast my votes’, which will submit your votes to the blockchain and make them official. If your voting power is not displayed in the app after September 5th, you should uninstall the app, reinstall it, and then re-enter your QR code and pin.